Color: Colorless, Green, Yellow
Hardness: 9.25 Mohs
Specific Gravity: 3.21 - 3.22
Refractive Index: 2.65 - 2.69
What is Moissanite?
Moissanite has been getting a lot of attention lately especially among the young people who are planning to get onboard of marriage life and do not want to get diamond. Dr Henri Moissan (yes, this is how the gemstone was named) found a small amount of a new mineral while inspecting a meteorite in Arizona. The mineral is naturally came from the outer space. It was the most brilliant stone he has ever seen, full of luster, fire and hard. But the sample was very little, it wasn't even enough to make a ring with it.
Where Can I Find Moissanite?
It is unlikely you will find moissanite in nature. It is a rare mineral. It has been discovered only in a few rocks and meteorites. But thanks to science, we can get it from jewelry stores who sell moissanites all around the world.
Should I Buy Moissanite?
In short, YES. Moissanite is a gemstone by itself. It is not a diamond replacement just because its appearance is similar to diamond. We love how moissanites are hard enough to resist wear and tear of your daily hits and bumps.
Why Should I Choose Moissanite?
Here are 5 benefits of choosing moissanite:
- Low Price. This is the biggest advantage of moissanite. You will be able to find a moissanite engagement ring for much cheaper than of diamond.
- Brilliant. Moissanite is much brilliant than diamond. They have a very high refraction and dispersion, more than of diamonds!
- Strong and Durable. It is strong enough to last despite taking hits from everyday life over the years. Although moissanites are rank lower than diamonds in terms of hardness, they have proven to withstand the same wears and tears just like diamonds. Be assured that they will stay as clear as new for the rest of your life.
- Eco-Friendly and Sustainable. Most moissanites that are commercially available, did not go through mining process. They are made in labs, which is sustainable and do not cause environment problems.
- Ethical and Conflict-Free. We've all seen the movie about conflict diamonds in a mineral-rich continent. People are fighting each other to get higher profits from diamond mines. The reality of moissanites are far from this, they are free of conflicts.
TIPS for Buying Moissanite to Make Moissanite Engagement Ring
You may be well aware that moissanites are created in labs. The appearance of moissanite can be mistaken with diamond or even cubic zirconia. Here are some tips you can follow before deciding to buy at your preferred jewelry store.
- Certificate. For your own peace of mind, ask for a certified moissanite which usually come with each stone. High quality moissanites are usually come with certificate, and the serial number is laser-printed on the moissanite itself. Look for it when you make a visit to your jewelry store.
- Get Measured. Make sure you are properly measured to avoid any discomfort. If this is a surprise, try to get your partner's ring size as accurate as possible.
- Color. Like diamond, moissanite has color grades. Colorless is the most common color for engagement rings.
- Carat. Moissanites are about 7% lighter than diamond. A diamond with 1.00 carat size (diameter 6.5mm) will weigh 1.00 carat, while moissanite with the same diameter (6.5mm) will weigh 0.93 carat. It is common for jeweler to call a 6.5mm moissanite as 1.00 carat moissanite.
Shiraz Jewelry (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates shirazjewelrychiangmai.com (hereinafter referred to as “Service”).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
Types of Data Collected
We collect anonymous cookie information about the site pages and products you view. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”) when you place an order. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, Country, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through any device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access Service with a device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of device you use, your device unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Use of Data
Shiraz Jewelry. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- to provide and maintain our Service;
- to notify you about changes to our Service;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- to provide customer support;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- to monitor the usage of our Service;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We may provide paid products and/or services within Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 (“Child” or “Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 18. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Welcome to Shiraz Jewelry!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Shiraz Jewelry's Website, located at https://shirazjewelrychiangmai.com.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Shiraz Jewelry if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
In no event shall Shiraz Jewelry. or its staffs, directors, employees, shareholders or agents (A) be liable to the user with respect to use of the sites, the content or the materials contained in or accessed through the sites (including without limitation any damages caused by or resulting from reliance by a user on any information obtained from Shiraz Jewelry), or any damages that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delay in operation or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from acts of God; and (B) be liable to the user for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, lost profits, loss, theft or corruption of user information, or the inability to use the sites or any of their features. The user's sole remedy is to cease use of the sites.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
REMOVAL OF LINKS FROM OUR WEBSITE
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We can be contacted at shirazjewelrycm[at]gmail[dot]com. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We ship products internationally via EMS and/or DHL Express service. Delivery time stated in our site is indicative, and it is highly dependent on the company's delivery operations.
RETURNS & REFUNDS POLICY
RETURNS OF GEMSTONE(S)
Our goal is for our clients to have an enjoyable experience while shopping with us and be satisfied with their gemstones. We understand that buying gemstones from the internet can be tricky, so we do our best to ensure that we provide the best possible description of the gemstone in terms of color, clarity, and size. We provide high quality photos and/or videos in different lighting that closely matches the gemstone's appearance in person. We provide avenues to customers to ensure that returns and refunds for gemstones are carried out in the following steps.
- Notify us by email if you are not satisfied with the gemstone(s) you have received. We allow a 7-day review period from the time of receipt of the gemstone(s).
- Based on our correspondence we can (A) Replace the gemstone(s) which does not meet your expectations with other gemstone(s); or (B) Provide you with a 100% refund of the purchase price EXCLUDING shipment fees, wire transfer/transaction fee and local duties or taxes.
- The customer is responsible for insurance and any damage that may have occurred to the gemstone(s) either in transit or prior to shipping the gemstone(s). If the gemstone(s) are altered, damaged, changed, or missing during the 7-day review period and/or during shipping and handling, there will be no refunds.
Color: Green (light to dark)
Hardness: 9 Mohs
Specific Gravity: 3.99 - 4.00
Refractive Index: 1.762 - 1.778
How Durable is Green Sapphire?
We are talking about the second hardest mineral after diamond, all sapphires belong to corundum family, which rated 9 on the Mohs scale. Cut green sapphires are both hard and tough, make it perfect for daily wear.
The color of green sapphires can vary dramatically in hue, tone, and saturation. We've seen green sapphires in a very light green color, yellowish-green, bluish-green, to an extremely dark and rich color.
Where Are Green Sapphires From?
The mines in Australia also produces green sapphire. Sri Lanka is believed to have the finest ones, but it is very rare. Most of the green sapphire you will see on the market is from Thailand. This is why you can buy green sapphire from Shiraz Jewelry for a very low price.
What To Look For When Making A Green Sapphire Ring?
We've seen an increase in colored stone engagement rings in the past few years (we're now in 2020), especially young couples. Here are few things you have too look at:
- Color. This is the most important factor in determining the value and beauty of green sapphire. A deep and intense green color is the most sought after.
- Hue. Green sapphires could have hints of yellow or blue, which affects the overall appearance of the stone. From our experience, they could enrich the color, and some customers really love the yellowish or bluish green sapphires. We love them all!
- Clarity. Like any other gemstone, clarity is one factor you should consider. Most green sapphires contain long, needle-like lines, called rutile needles. This is common. It is extremely rare to find a green sapphire without these inclusions. A clean, no obvious inclusion green sapphire, is valuable.
- Cut. The most common cut for green sapphires are oval, round, and cushion. It is also pretty common to see them in pear, emerald, and princess cut. Whatever the cut is, a green sapphire should have a symmetrical cut that reflects light at the correct angles to display the luster.
- Weight. Green sapphire price, like any other gemstones, is measured by carat weight. The price will significantly increased as the carat weight increases.
TIPS for Buying Green Sapphire
You may be well aware that there are synthetic sapphires in the gemstone market. Getting what seems to be the best deal ever, may well be a 'too good to be true'. Here are some tips you can follow before deciding to buy.
- See it directly. There is a lot of difference when looking at gemstone online versus directly using your own eyes. This is because when we try to capture the color and beauty of green sapphire, our camera lens may capture it differently.
- Ask for gem inspection under natural light. By far, natural sunlight is the best light you can get when seeing gemstone. After all, the sunlight is coming from the same sun you are used to whether you are in Thailand or in Europe (or anywhere else)
- Certificate. This piece of paper may contain details of your green sapphire. It is a very useful information, and make sure you keep it well.
» Pop Market showcases creative products, foods, and arts from young and talented artits
Hey it's December again, and Chiang Mai offers great experience for the free-spirited souls out there. Not to forget, it is a wonderful destination for families too.
#ChiangmaiDesignWeek #PopMarketChiangMai #ShirazJewelry
From the organizer's website, Chiang Mai Design Week is: "..an annual festival jointly held by creators from different industries, established and upcoming designers, craftspeople, artists and entrepreneurs in Chiang Mai to present design innovations or new projects that cater to the needs of modern living. It also provides a conversation space where people can get together and share design knowledge as local and international designers and creators are invited to celebrate the creative culture and the potential of design. Moreover, the event will help build collaboration networks and expand local and international business opportunities, which lead to a better working environment for creators and entrepreneurs in creative industries. The festival, however, reaches beyond designers and creative professionals. It also focuses on creating shared experience with design works among the younger generation, local communities, tourists and anyone interested in design through various activities such as exhibitions, large-scale installations, arts and music." (source: https://chiangmaidesignweek.com/en/about)
We are lucky to be able to cover a single day of the week at POP Market which was held at TCDC Chiang Mai. Enjoy the video.
» Approximately more than 9,000 lanterns launched during Loy Krathong festival
» Places to be during the festival: Thapae Gate, Thapae Road, and Chiang Mai municipality.
Many provinces in Thailand were holding their Loy Krathong events, but the image of thousands of lanterns on the sky above should be your first impression that attracts you to visit Chiang Mai during this period.
Every year there will be vehicles decorated in flowers or any other Lanna sculptures, including this 2019's festival. It started on the 11th afternoon until the night of 12th November. They are fun to see, from Thapae Gate, along Thapae Road (that is where Shiraz Jewelry is!) to the Chiang Mai municipality.
People also started lighting candles around the moat and Old City from 10 to 12 November 2019. Here is our coverage on the 2019 Yi Peng and Loy Krathong festival in Chiang Mai:
» Global awareness changes individual lifestyle to combat climate change.
» Currently global investment in renewable energy is twice the investment in fossil fuels.
» Coal consumption - the dirtiest fossil fuel - has dropped significantly, in places like China and England.
» Electric vehicle sales are rising rapidly all over the world.
» Worldwide movement in giving up investment in fossil fuels, is gaining momentum.
Yes, good news about climate change and our environment does exist. We often don't hear about it among the news about catastrophic storms, floods and drought, species extinction, ice melting, and so many other more.
In Chiang Mai, hundreds of people have gathered to join a march on 27 September 2019 as part of the Global Climate Strike 2019. This is an initiative of various NGOs, schools, and communities in an effort "to secure a better future and avert the worst of the climate crisis" (globalclimatestrike.net).
A big part of that global rise in consciousness has occurred because of the creative, concerted and unified campaign of communities all over the world. Scientists, students, global faith communities, corporates, even some smallest neighborhood group in rural areas are now committed in making their environment better trough various movements.
The basic question we all must ask ourselves regarding humankind:
The time has come when those who preach the dogmas of materialism, whether of the east or the west, whether of capitalism or socialism, must give account of the moral stewardship they have presumed to exercise. Where is the “new world” promised by these ideologies? Where is the international peace to whose ideals they proclaim their devotion? Where are the breakthroughs into new realms of cultural achievement produced by the aggrandizement of this race, of that nation or of a particular class? Why is the vast majority of the world’s peoples sinking ever deeper into hunger and wretchedness when wealth on a scale undreamed of by the Pharaohs, the Caesars, or even the imperialist powers of the nineteenth century is at the disposal of the present arbiters of human affairs?
And Shiraz Jewelry team has joyfully joined and continues to enthusiastically support these groundbreaking efforts to reduce climate change, and encourages individuals and groups of all kinds to add their voices and efforts to this important cause. Please join us!
Main Stone: Natural Blue Sapphire
Side Stones: (none)
Size: All size
Shopping for September Birthday? You may discover that blue sapphire is a sure thing to go! Set in 18K yellow gold, the bright blue sapphire earring will be easy on the eyes. The gems were unearthed in Sri Lanka and carefully selected in pair to make outstanding earrings. Visit our store to view more designs available.
Main Stone: Natural Pearl
Side Stones: (none)
Size: All size
A gleaming white pearl fitted in 925 sterling silver, can be worn with silver chain or 18k gold chain. Elegant, simple, and clean design, this pendant is much loved for its modern yet simple look. Our selection of pearls ensures that these rare and sparkling gems are available for any occasions. Visit Shiraz Jewelry store in Chiang Mai to view more designs available.
Color: Red with brown tint
Hardness: 7 - 7.5 Mohs
Specific Gravity: 3.65 - 3.80
Refractive Index: 1.730 - 1.760
What is Rhodolite?
In simple word, Rhodolite is rose-colored garnet. Rhodolite is a name for red with brown tint mineral pyrope, family of garnet group. They appear as transparent red-pink-purplish gemstones, including all the different color between violet and red. The color, combined with their brilliance, durability (7 to 7.5 Mohs is considered hard enough for jewelry that can be worn everyday), and availability of Rhodolites have brought some strong demand for the gem in the jewelry industry.
Where are Rhodolites coming from?
Most deposits are from Sri Lanka, Brazil, Tanzania, Madagascar, etc.
How much is a Rhodolite?
You'd probably already know that the bigger the carat, the more expensive a stone will be. Also the better the quality (ie: no inclusion, good cutting, great luster) the higher the price per carat. Luckily, Rhodolite is abundant, and the price of Rhodolite can go as low as US$26 per carat or about 800 Baht per carat. Considering the quality, experts expected the price to be appreciated much higher rapidly.
Why are Rhodolite so popular?
Simply because of the color and hardness. They allow you to have a particular look without using rubies, which are extremely much expensive. So next time you visit local jewelry store, ask for Rhodolite if you don't want to spend much. You may find interesting piece that suits your need.